We have yet to meet a child that doesn’t like pasta! This yummy bake is gluten free and meat free but easily edited to your taste. The idea is to layer it up with sauce and cheese - your little one will love helping spread, dollop and sprinkle this dish together with you.
Ingredients (enough for 4 children)
8 serving spoons of cooked mixed pasta (which is about 4 large handfuls of dried pasta. We use Napolina Red Lentil, green Pea and Chickpea gluten free pastas)
I large jar of tomato pasta sauce
400g Vegetarian mince (we used The Meatless Farm meat free mince)
8 thin slices cheddar cheese
140g sour cream
4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 small bowl of parmesan
Cook all the pasta together to Al dente (so boil for just 5 mins), drain
Chop and brown 1 onion in a deep frying pan, then brown the mince and add a jar of pasta sauce, simmer for 15 mins.
Preheat oven to 180c.
Salad, Cucumber & Cherry Tomatoes
1) Put half the pasta in a large ovenproof gratin style dish and spread it out evenly. Lay the cheddar cheese slices on top of your pasta.
2)Dollop the sour cream over that and spread it out evenly with the back of the spoon
3) Dollop on half of the sauce and spread it out
4) Add another layer of pasta, then sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese
5) Add the rest of the sauce and top with grated parmesan
6) Bake in the oven until all the cheeses are melted.