For a super- simple fish pie recipe that the kids will love look no further. Cook whatever fish or vegetables you have available – even day old cooked veg will do the trick, just cut them up small and chuck them in!
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 pack frozen or fresh fish pie mix, cooked according to instructions
Half a lemon
4 tbspn Crème Fraiche
2 large handfuls of peas (thawed), you can also use sweetcorn, spinach leaves (torn up) or diced carrots
4 large potatoes cooked and mashed
2 large handfuls grated cheddar cheese
Cucumber batons, steamed Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes
Preheat oven 200C
1) Flake the fish in a bowl and add your veg. Mix in the crème fraiche.
2) Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture
3) Dollop the mixture into a baking dish and smooth it flat.
4) Put the mash on top and smooth it down
5) Smooth the mash with a fork and score criss-cross lines in it with the back of the fork.
6) Sprinkle a handful of cheese on top.
7) Bake for 15 mins or until the top is golden brown.