♫ Oh I do love to be beside the seaside... ♫
Our church family weekend away will be happening from Friday 18th - Sunday 20th May 2018, and we are returning to the Grand Burstin Hotel in Folkestone together.
You can sign up on the google form here. Please sign up by 15th April at the latest.
Prices include VAT and all food but exclude transport:
Adult (15+) - Single room - £130 per person
Adult (15+) - Sharing double or twin - £100 per person
Adult (15+) - Day visitor - £20 per person
Child (6-14) - £75 per person
Child (4-5) - £60 per person
Child (0-3) - £20 per person
We don't want the cost of the weekend to be a barrier to anyone attending - when paying you can choose to make a contribution to the cost of the weekend, based on what you feel you can afford (see below). If you are unsure about this then do speak to Sarah, or another member of the staff team.
You can also make a donation to help someone else go on the weekend - details of how to do this are in the booking form.
A deposit of £20 per family is required on booking.
You can then choose whether to pay:
- the full amount
- in three instalments - March, April and May
- a contribution towards the cost of the weekend, based on what you feel you can afford
Methods of paying are:
- by bank transfer (St Peters Church Battersea, 405240, 00098238 - please note this is different from the usual account)
- by cheque (payable to St Peters Church)
- by cash (either put in post box in church hall, or give to Sarah/David)
- Direct train from Waterloo East to Folkestone Central, approx. cost £26.30 Single/36.30 return (1 mile walk to the venue)
- Driving, about 2 hours - postcode CT20 1TX. To ensure you are not charged to park in the hotel car park you will need to give reception your registration number on arrival.
- A minibus will leave at 4pm on Friday to the venue (limited places available) and a coach at 6pm. On the Sunday afternoon (2pm) there will be a coach returning to Battersea. The coach will cost £12.50 each way for adults (ie £25 return) and £5 each way for children (ie £10 return).
What will the weekend be like?
You can check out what last year's programme looked like here - this year will be similar.
What is there for children and young people?
During each of the sessions we have a team from Pulse leading sessions for the children and young people.
The kids and youth programmes will run at the same time as the adult sessions. You will be expected to drop off and pick up your children at the beginning and end of each session.
For little ones - there are kettles in the rooms for making feeds, a fridge in the venue to store milk and food and a microwave in the restaurant available all day.
Will there be biscuits?
What are the rooms like?
All of the rooms are en-suite.
Family rooms will vary depending on the number of children:
A variation of:
- Double + Single
- Double + bunk
- 3 single
- Extra zed beds
Bedding and towels are provided.
There is a kettle and tv in each room.
What are the options for free time?
Two beaches - pebble and sand
Swimming - hotel pool and sea
Coastal fun park for kids - free adventure playground
Walk along the coastal path
Is there wifi?
There is free wifi in all the public areas of the hotel
Are there lifts?
All floors have lifts
- Bibles and pen
- Toothbrush and wash stuff
- Phone chargers
- Clothes & PJs
- Sports clothes
- Swimming costumes
- Your own mug
- Earplugs (some say walls are quite thin)
- Shoes & coats for enjoying the outdoors
- Cash (for any extra drinks from the bar)